Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This Much I Know Is True

EDIT: The title of the book is "I Know This Much Is True" (Sorry for the typo!)

Wow.  On a recommendation from a friend, I bought "This Much I Know Is True" by Wally Lamb
(http://www.amazon.com/Know-This-Much-True-Oprahs/dp/0060987561)

(CORRECTION: the title is actually, "I know this much is true".)

I just finished it and I'm not really sure what to say about it.  I don't recall ever having had a book touch me quite like this one has.

At first, the attraction to reading this book was that it is the story from the perspective of the grandson of a Sicilian immigrant.  It is that, but it is also much more than that. It is the search for who the narrator is, the process of grief and the need to live even when death touches us, about sibling rivalry, and about - ultimately - self discovery, peace, humility and the importance of family and forgiveness.

There are pure gems of wisdom hidden in the pages of this book.

Buona lettura,

Vincenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment