Monday, October 22, 2012

Offline, just a quick update...

Offline, just a quick update...

If you try to reach any of our normal websites, you probably already noticed that there currently off-line. You've guessed it, were in the process of pushing live all of our website changes and integration. With a bit of luck, all of our websites should be back online sometime tomorrow. That means that I'm actually taking a day off and doing something for myself.

Over the weekend I got Mike and I new gym memberships at the local YMCA. Since I was taking the day off for myself I decided I had better get into my new athletic routine and headed to the Y. The only downside to the Malden Y are the locker rooms. They remind me of very small high school locker rooms. However, what they lack in locker room amenities they certainly make up for in the helpfulness of the staff, the pool, and a variety of other machines.

Luckily for me, they have quite a few stationary bikes, stair steppers, and ellipticals as well as free weights and weight machines. Since I'm trying to get back in shape, and want to focus more on toning rather than bulking up, the aerobics machines were huge draw for me.

I spent an hour and a half at the gym this morning familiarizing myself with the facilities and doing my first workout. I'm proud to say that I biked for 6 miles and walked for 4 miles and I'm feeling great because of it.

I think it's going to be easier at the Y to keep to a regular routine. Much more so than at the gym I used to go to. Because my schedule, my general workout time tends to fall somewhere mid-morning. At the gym I used to go do it didn't matter what time I went for workout, all the other members seem to have near-perfect bodies and could do just about anything. It was very discouraging. At this Y, it was great to see regular people of all ages ranging from early teens through their 80s enthusiastically exercising and encouraging each other.

Okay, enough of writing. It's time to go eat a healthy lunch of salad, grilled steak strips, and a few avocado slices.

Stay healthy!

Benedizioni,
Vincenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment